roof help

MarkSM

1) Does anyone know why I'm getting these weird birds mouthes on this entry gable?  Is that in a setting?

2) I've got 2 random 16/12 pitches in the middle of my roof. How do I change those to 8/12?

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.17.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.19.54 PM.png

#1) Open the roof plane dialogue, go to options tab, under the eaves options, make sure the "default to overhang" is checked, or lower the number to 12-24"

#2) Do you have auto roof checked? If so you would have to find which wall was manually changed to a 16:12 pitch.

Open up the potential wall culprit dialogue, select the roof tab, then change the roof pitch to 'D'

If its a manual roof plane, open the roof plan dialogue, then change the roof pitch to 8:12

On 7/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, Kenoeightspot said:

Remove "Boxed" eave to get this look

You can also control the size or width of boxed eaves by way of the "Roof Specification Dialog". In terms of changing the pitch that can also be done by way of the "Roof Specification Dialog - Pitch" input box per roof plane but when you change the roof pitch you will also have to reconnect the roof planes to the adjacent roof planes (valleys) by using the Join Roofs tool. (when you change the pitch the mating edges angle changes)

DJP