Screened in Porch

Tony_D96

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how you would draw a screened in deck with windows or an EZ Breeze type setup. Would that involve making a custom window of some sort? And if so I'm not sure how you would place that since decks don't have "walls" per-se. Anyhow, if you guys have any ideas or suggestions that would be great. 

If you're only concerned about making the EZE-Breeze system appear correct, then either make a custom window, or just fake it (what I do) with muntins. If you're going for a timber post & beam look, you can use a wall with a single main layer and windows with a sash/no frame to simulate a field-framed or Screen Tight style screened panel:

porch.thumb.PNG.1b4a32bde4059e405d2456ac94c78ac7.PNG

The disadvantage is you can't show the timber joinery and wood grain accurately, but if the posts/beams will be painted it works fine.

I've also used railings with panel infill successfully - there is no single method that is suitable for every situation.

That's basically what I'm doing. I was able to create some custom windows using the instructions in Solver's link. First I made them hopper style windows to mimick the EZE-Breeze units. Then all I had to do was adjust the casing (we usually trim them out with Azek) and the sashes and frames like you said. In the end I think it turned out alot better than I expected! Thanks for the advice.