Stud Spacing

Abe_Truco

Go to solution Solved by rlackore,

Hello,

Does anybody know how to set the starting point from where stud spacing starts? For example if stud spacing is set to 24", I would like to be able to set it, so that on a wall it would start with 24" on left side and then end with whatever is left over at the right end. 

Thanks in advanced,

Abe

post-1899-0-10047400-1404839188_thumb.png

• Solution

On-center stud spacing is set in the material definition for the wall's main layer (select "framing" as the material type). To control the framing within any particular wall, set a framing reference marker on the end you want the framing to start, then select the wall, right click, and "Build Framing for Selected Object(s)."

• Upvote 1

You can also override the wall framing material parameters and set different Stud Thickness and Stud Spacing in the Build Framing dbx. 

That is a global Over-ride though so if you want to frame certain walls , eg shear walls with 2X8 and 12" OC studs the "Define a new Material Works" well for that kind of thing.

from another of my posts :

The Wall Framing can actually be spaced with the LIBRARY MATERIAL assigned to the wall type main layer. so all you need to do is Copy the Fir Stud 16" Material to you User Library , Open the Material and change the Spacing to 12" and rename it Fir 12"OC, then when you Define/make your new 8" wall type , assign the new 12"OC material to the main layer (stud), it will then automatically space the framing per the material not the Framing Default ....IF you check the box "Use wall Framing Layer" in the Wall Panel of the Build Framing DBX. Make sure your Other Walls Material for the main layer is also set to the Fir 16"OC material not the 24"OC too , mine was defaulted to 24" for 2x6 walls.

• Upvote 1