More Linestyle Aggravations

ACADuser

In  CAD detail I have imported my CAD survey. All linetypes are changed to solid or contentious.

I want to restore some of them. One has a 60" dash & 20" space. How does one create this?

Also made a fence linetype with WF text but want the text to display 15" height and 40" dash.

The file is attached, rather large, with the layout included.

PS I hate that zooming scaled text & dimensions! Guess I will have to keep "Display line weights" ON.

Coachman.zip

ca linetype.JPG

CA Line Scale.JPG

15 hours ago, Richard_Morrison said:

Alan,

Have you set the drawing scale correctly for that CAD Detail under "Drawing Sheet Setup"?

I set it to 1 to 1 scale in the CAD detail and (1=1/100mm)  but I thought the Layout "Drawing Sheet Setup" controlled.

Selecting the Layout Box of which is the CAD Detail the Scale is 1"=10' and Use Layout Linescale is checked.

So what controls the final text size in a linestyle?

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

I set it to 1 to 1 scale in the CAD detail and (1=1/100mm)  but I thought the Layout "Drawing Sheet Setup" controlled.

Selecting the Layout Box of which is the CAD Detail the Scale is 1"=10' and Use Layout Linescale is checked.

So what controls the final text size in a linestyle?

This is likely your problem. Set the CAD detail to the correct scale. (Maybe 1/16" = 1', or whatever). Lineweights and linescales are determined by this. BTW, you can have a different drawing scale for each CAD detail.

OK so I am drawing in the CAD detail @ 1=1 but the layout box when inserted into a layout sheet is 1"=10'

So I set the CAD Detail scale at 1"=10' . Using Chief line styles with text, small version, they look correct. Text is 84" tall in cad detail MOL

I revised my line definition to 1"/120" or 84"/120 = 0.7" tall. But when I revise the line in CAD detail to get my revised line definition from the catalog it does not change.

Does that mean the original definition I set the line to is locked into the drawing?