adding lites issue

Gawdzira

2 minutes ago, Gawdzira said:

It is happening vertically as well.

Trust me - think about it for a sec and you'll see.  Its basically placing each lite division as if it was per panel.  You have 2 lites across = 4.  you have 4 lights "tall" so its 8, 4 for each side.

• Upvote 1

I can eventually get what I want. The issue was that when I was showing the number "2" in the dbx for lites and would click on the up arrow, it would jump to "4" instead of advancing to "3". As soon as I posted this question, I can no longer repeat it. I will try and reopen my older file and see if it is repeatable.

4 hours ago, jcaffee said:

Yes, I've had this happen.  Typically when CA is at the end of its useful session (right before a bunch of other stuff starts going wonky).  I now view it as a canary warning of my need to reboot.

This statement is so true! I can never predict when this will happen - what the life-cycle of the current session is. But it does exist. I never could figure out what led to "the end" of the session. But I certainly know the consequences if I go too long. At least it is an easy one to fix. Like Jon said, re-boot.

8 hours ago, jcaffee said:

Yes, I've had this happen.  Typically when CA is at the end of its useful session (right before a bunch of other stuff starts going wonky).  I now view it as a canary warning of my need to reboot.

Very interesting as I have also noticed this and reported it to tech but I am not sure that they are even fully aware of the phenomenon.  This is the first I have seen it mentioned on the forum so thank you and I hope that more people can provide input and observations.