X9 update deleted X8

AlamoChief

I just updated to X9 and it deleted X8 completely now I have no user Librarys etc. and can't find or open X8. The library migration doesn't work. I have nada but the new X9. My plans are all stored on the cloud and I can open them in X9. This never happened before with any older version. 

Yes I'd call them tomorrow for sure, I have not heard of that issue before...

Is your X8 User Data Folder still in My Documents ?  (X9 one should be there too...)

Migration happens when you start X9 for the 1st time ....but if it deleted X8 during install somehow then I guess , it can't do it....

If you have a System Image back up , then perhaps do a restore and try again ?  I use Macrium Reflect Free for Backup Images , have done since going to Win10 and it's problematic Auto Updates and it has saved me several times.

No the X8 User Data is gone as if it was over written by X9. I found a backup of my User Library on my backup drive and I am installing that manually now. Migration never started because all I had on this computer was X8. I have another computer with the older versions etc. I have lots of backups to sort through but such a hassle. X9 won't even auto install the bonus lib files. I have to open each download.  

The Libraries installed in X8 ,should all migrate to X9 .....once you open your 1st plan in X9 it should ask if you if you want to Migrate the Catalogs but it might take a minute for the DBX to show as it needs to search your system 1st.

I am actually just putting X8 on my Surface 3 and it just asked me to migrate my X7 Libraries as mentioned above...

BTW....You can group select Bonus libraries ...eg 10 at a time and install them all together....

deleting prior versions is NOT suppose to happen

if it did happen then "something" went wrong

contact CA's tech support and they will advise

If you can't wait try re-installing X8

you should be able to have them both installed on the same PC

and run them at the same time

I used to have many prior versions installed on the same PC

David Potter has "every" version installed to at least Chief 8

and all of the versions and prior versions of the HD products

Lew

I have versions 7, 8, 9.5, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 15, 17, 18 and X9 on my PC. Since 1994 what happened to you never happened to me. Contact Tech Support and if you want to reinstall X8 you certainly can. Part of the installation routine built into each new version is to bring forward all prior Users Library and Bonus Libraries you had present in your earlier version. I have observed this to be the case now for several versions. This is something you did and not Chief Architect.

DJP

If the X8 files were somehow deleted then check your recycle bin, they should be there and you can restore them. Have never experienced that, whenever I've upgraded the prior version and all of it's files are left intact, the new version sets up it's own directories under the new versions name.

• 1 month later...

Been out of the loop for a while but have just discovered the same issues as previously posted here. I settled into an new project and all my bonus library items are gone. They are no longer in the X8 Data Database Libraries folder nor the new X9 one either.  Wondering if this got resolved? Or if anyone else has had this issue ?

X9 library migration.pdf