Gable wall not completing

DaveJo

I am stumbling around in Home Designer Pro with the roof tools and need some help with something that seems as though it should be fairly easy but I cannot get to cooperate.  I have a living room that I want a cathedral ceiling in, and so selected no ceiling in the room dialog box and full gable wall on the front wall.  When I create the roof for some reason the gable part of the front wall is not filling in.  I have tried various tools for quite a while now and cannot get the wall to fill in.  I am attaching a picture of that wall and the floor plan.  Help greatly appreciated.59594b4ba4c58_Floorplanfullgablewall.thumb.jpg.857cfb691301d57c828251d630210434.jpg59594b4ba4c58_Floorplanfullgablewall.thumb.jpg.857cfb691301d57c828251d630210434.jpg

Gable pic full gable wall.jpg

I am using Home Designer Pro on a monthly rental basis to see if I can get the roof designed in an acceptable way so that a draftsman can take it from there.  Since I am using Home Designer, it seemed appropriate to post in this forum

Well, I may be in over my head but I have made some progress in learning how to use the various roof tools.  But creating complex roofs is pretty tough when you do have a "different" floor plan and are a rookie.  Trial and error is about the only method I have going right now.  If you keep at it, though, you can start to get the hang of it at least enough to see how things look from different views to make some design choices

I can't remember if it is called a rental or what they call it, but I am looking at the Home Designer Pro logo right now, and I am paying 49 bucks a month. And I am not trying to skirt the "law" here.  just trying to ask a question.

You might want to google functional obsolescence before you get to far along with your floor plans.  Just trying to save you some unnecessary work.

You might have a hard time getting financing on a "different" style of house if you design a house that the lenders deem functionally obsolete.  I.e. No resale value.

Thanks for all the help, and the advice about obsolescence.  Financing is not a problem, and at this point in life I am not real concerned about resale.  I actually think the finished design will be attractive and functional, but obviously one man's opinion.  I designed it for me, hence the small second floor, with the idea of being able to add 2 bedrooms on the living room end for larger families before selling it.  The upstairs is the master BR, study, watch the sunrise play off the back of Mt. Rainier in the morning (it's due east of the building site with an unobstructed view) in a fairly rural setting.  

Yes, when I posted I thought it said clearly that this was the Home Designer forum, but obviously was mistaken and I apologize.  I'll re-post to the appropriate forum with the plan file.

• 2 weeks later...