How to point layout to use a different plan file?

Celie91

Hi,

I tried searching the forum (and google) but didn't find anyone asking similar questions.

I like to recycle layout file (.layout) to use with different plans (.plan). My typical scenario is like this:

For revision I made changes in the .plan and save with a new file name (i.e. Project_R01.plan), and nothing else needs to change in the .layout. So I copy the .layout file and rename it to match (i.e. Project_R01.layout). I then open the .layout but it still loads up the .plan from before the revision (i.e. Project_R00.plan).

The workaround I've been using so far is to delete the original .plan (i.e. Project_R00.plan) from my harddrive, and then when opening the new .layout the program will complain that the .plan file is missing and let me choose a new path. This is all fine and dandy but sometimes I forgot to recover the original .plan from the recycle bin and lost some valuable drafts.

There's got to be a better way to reassign .plan file path from within the layout file???

Thanks,

Tools > Layout > Referenced Plan Files

Select the old plan file and browse to the new Plan File.   

Another option is to select each Layout Box and use the "Relink File" tool on the Edit Tool Bar.  The difference is that it does just a single Layout Box