Electrical Symbols - Changing Letters

Spectrum-Design

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to change the letter that goes with an electrical symbol dragged in from the base catalog.  For instance, I have a project with a side-by-side built in refrigerator / freezer.  From the base library, I can place an outlet tagged with an "R" for the refrigerator specific outlet.  Found at Core Catalog > Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing > Electrical > Outlets > Surface Mounted > Appliances > Refrigerator.

Is it possible to drop in a second one of that symbol, then change the "R" to an "F" in order to denote that the second outlet is for the Freezer?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

The "R" is embedded in the 2D CAD block that is used for the symbol. You can insert a copy of the block into your drawing using the CAD Block Management dbx, then explode the block, change the "R" to "F", create a new block, and assign it to the symbol you're using for the freezer outlet.

The other method (which I prefer) is to create a block without any letters, then simply change the object label to whatever you need.

Thank you for that suggestion, those are both good options.  Unless I'm mistaken though, the new block wouldn't have the electrical component properties of the core catalog symbol would it?  ie - It wouldn't pick up on the electrical schedule or connect properly when using the 'connect electrical' tool

1 minute ago, Spectrum-Design said:

Thank you for that suggestion, those are both good options.  Unless I'm mistaken though, the new block wouldn't have the electrical component properties of the core catalog symbol would it?  ie - It wouldn't pick up on the electrical schedule or connect properly when using the 'connect electrical' tool

The 2D CAD Block has no intelligence, but it doesn't matter, because it's only used to represent the 3D Symbol (with intelligence) in plan view:

1.thumb.PNG.cf7cbab7cd240c8a987d4c0ac316513c.PNG

The symbol will retain whatever intelligence it's been assigned:

2.thumb.PNG.8c05229013c802a9e5b1d42f15cecef2.PNG