creeter

creeter

i was wondering how to show dimension line labels automatically in x8. when i click on a dimension it shows wall line "1" and "2" but i need to specify what the numbers are or what the letters are and  make them stay on the plan for plotting. can someone help me please

Thank in advance

Bruce

You would of been better to make the Thread title "Are Automatic Dims Possible?"  or something similar  ..not your User Name ... I was wonder why nobody had replied.... people are usually pretty good here helping out...

Dims measure automatically where placed so if the drawing isn't accurate you may have issues , however you can make the numbers disappear by opening the Dimension DBX and on the Segments Tab check Blank Segment (see pic) , and then use a Text Box to write in your own numbers or Letters.

you can also add text before or after the number on the same Tab if desired ...but it keeps the number...

Capture1.JPG

• Upvote 1

Mick,  I think what Creeter is asking for if I am interpreting correctly is to have control to edit and print the temporary extension numbers. I am not aware there is a way to do this other than a manual text box that is overlaid.  The only auto function that seems to be available at that location is a center line marker.  If I am correct then this would be a good suggestion for that forum.

4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Mick,  I think what Creeter is asking for if I am interpreting correctly is to have control to edit and print the temporary extension numbers. I am not aware there is a way to do this other than a manual text box that is overlaid.  The only auto function that seems to be available at that location is a center line marker.  If I am correct then this would be a good suggestion for that forum.

Ahhhhh ....guess I hadn't had my second Coffee this morning when i read that.... I thought he was trying to add his/her own dimension numbers , not label the extension line temp. markers

M.

On 6/26/2017 at 2:39 PM, creeter said:

i was wondering how to show dimension line labels automatically in x8. when i click on a dimension it shows wall line "1" and "2" but i need to specify what the numbers are or what the letters are and  make them stay on the plan for plotting. can someone help me please

Thank in advance

Bruce

After you click on the dimension, and it shows the numbers, which they do when selected, you need to choose "Open Object", then

you have a Dialogue Box, where you go to "Segments", and there, you may add text to the length shown, in the segment,  or you may choose other segments, assuming you have more than one.  That is the purpose of the numbers, they will not stay when you un-select the line.

Bruce,

As Mick said, and as Eric said in another one of your threads...Please give your thread a title that roughly describes your topic.  Besides the fact I've been a little too busy lately to respond to much of anything, I personally hadn't responded to this thread for 2 main reasons:

1.  It's hard to help people who don't listen to advice and who can't take the time to more clearly communicate in such a way that shows respect for other people reading along and trying to help out.  This is your 4th thread, and they're all titled "creeter".  Someone already asked you to address that particular issue and you either haven't cared enough to read their response, or you don't care enough to head their advice. 

2.  I couldn't actually understand the question.  Please remember that the guys helping out on here are donating their own valuable time.  Please really take the time to spell out your questions as well as possible and try to include at least a screenshot if you can so that we all know what you're talking about.

With regard to your question...I'm only assuming that Chopsaw guessed correctly and that you're talking about displaying and modifying these extension numbers that show up when you select a dimension string...

Numbers.thumb.png.e2766ade587c0f6f6df0d133929b30f4.png

...If that is correct, then the closet thing I can really think of is to use point to point dimensions and assign a letter to the point marker text.  I would personally rather just add those numbers or letters as freestanding text objects though as Chopsaw already suggested.  Quick example plan with the point markers used for the A and B and text objects used for the C and D...

Letters.thumb.jpg.23f10de5d3ee01fe8ab7a16861348a58.jpg

Letters.plan

P.S.  If you keep naming your threads "creeter" there is a good chance people won't even read them assuming they've already read it. 

• Upvote 1