Transparent Glass ?

ACADuser

you have opaque glass on in Vector View ( Camera techniques settings)    but is that what you want?

*** edit:  I selected the right hand window in your pic above , clicked the "make default" icon , and they all now go opaque ( or not) with the above setting....

Capture1.JPG

6 hours ago, ACADuser said:

But why were some windows opaque & others not?

Alan,

Because you have made the sash size zero on the 2 windows that aren't showing glass.

Without a sash, you don't get glass.

11 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Nice catch Glenn,  I ran into that a couple of projects back and wondered why that would be so.  What if the glass is mortised into the frame?

Ed Zachary.  Site built windows are commonly built using nothing more than a glass unit that is sandwiched and held in place by an inside frame and an outside frame...just like the mortised condition you mentioned but without 2 separate pieces instead of a mortised groove.  This situation is next to impossible to accurately model in Chief.  In fact, I haven't complained about it much, but it is actually next to impossible to accurately model ANY window style that we currently use. The window tool really needs some work.  We've made plenty of suggestions.  This situation you've pointed out is another that should probably be added to the list though.  

5 hours ago, ACADuser said:

Site built windows" now that is a thing of the past here in Florida. :)

But most commercial windows are as attached.

595a66cc182c8_CAWindow.thumb.JPG.f3e6786e54dfaae214367bedac0be78e.JPG

You can pretty much get that if you turn off FRAME (JAMB),CASING,LINTEL,SILL and set the SASH sizes all to 2" ? with a depth of 4" ?  ( no sizes on detail)  and no inset ie 0" though you may want the exterior Sill set to something like the Marvin Windows Clad Subsill A1450 like in the Pic below .

edit: Actually for that Alum. Profile it is probably better to set the SASHES at 0" and make the Frame 2"x4"  so it looks better in plan view

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG