Same stair foot print for both floors

CutAbove

Ok, I am doing a home with a second story along with a basement, I want to use the same foot print on the stairs, meaning I would like to run my basement stairs directly under my main floor stairs to upstairs, help, I have tried everything and I seem to either not have them anymore or having stairs to heaven.  I want to keep the open concept on the main floor while not creating another opening to get to the basement, my head says it should work but it doesn't.  Help need ideas.

stairs 2.jpg

stairs.jpg

I am trying to not take up anymore room for my stairs, maybe I just can't make it work?  I also see that it doesn't reflect on the 2nd story plan view but my camera view shows that it is there.  Thank you, I am a semi newbie but honestly I researched this and it has me baffled.  I know you can do this, need to make it work.

plan 2nd.jpg

plan base.jpg

plan main.jpg

I think that was OP's problem. He didn't realize you still need walls under the main staircase, thereby having to reduce the basement stairs' width by the thickness of the walls above it.

The walls that you place under your main floor staircase is what creates the stairwell that you designate "open below".  

The walls could be invisible as well or a railing if you want the basement stairs to be visible from the main floor.  

At least that's my interpretation...