Layout sheet size

MarkSM

Robert's answer will get the sheet size you want, but the borders are a different issue.  I have several sets of borders in the same layout.  Each set of borders is on specific layer(s) - naturally on page 0.  I have a layer set for each sheet size that displays just that border set.

It's fairly easy to create a new set of borders on page 0

1. Marque select everything on page 0
  2. Copy/Paste Hold Position
  3. Edit the Layer to "Arch E - 30x42"
  4. Turn off the display of all other layers
  5. Set the Sheet Size as Robert suggested
  6. Edit the Border to fit the new sheet size.

You can create borders and layer sets for all the different sheet sizes and quickly switch between them simply by changing the Layer Set and Sheet Size.  You may need to "Center the Sheet" but otherwise it's pretty simple.

ps:  I have each sheet size border aligned to the same point at the top-right corner.  This keeps my title block that is along the right side of my layouts in the same positions.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I'm Experiencing a brain fade. My layout is good to go ARCH D but I want to print or PDF to 8.5 x 11 and print that PDF to 11 x 17 or ARCH D is desired. What are the setting when I go to print? I used to say FIT to Page but I have come to understand that means it is no longer scaled properly. What am I missing?

Thanks

I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. Do you want to print an ARCH D sheet to 8-1/2 x 11, then upscale that 8-1/2 x 11 to 11x17 or ARCH D? Why not print in ARCH D, then use a PDF program (like Adobe Acrobat Reader) that allows printing to a Custom Scale to reduce to your desired sheet size?

printing.thumb.PNG.862f01ab8ac8f24ecbf10a265eda33a1.PNG

Of course, unless you have a graphic scale on the drawing, reducing an ARCH D drawing to either of these other formats is useless (but so is upscaling a letter-sized document to tabloid or ARCH D). But, maybe I'm not understanding your intent.

• 6 years later...
On 6/19/2017 at 10:55 AM, Joe_Carrick said:

Robert's answer will get the sheet size you want, but the borders are a different issue.  I have several sets of borders in the same layout.  Each set of borders is on specific layer(s) - naturally on page 0.  I have a layer set for each sheet size that displays just that border set.

It's fairly easy to create a new set of borders on page 0

1. Marque select everything on page 0
  2. Copy/Paste Hold Position
  3. Edit the Layer to "Arch E - 30x42"
  4. Turn off the display of all other layers
  5. Set the Sheet Size as Robert suggested
  6. Edit the Border to fit the new sheet size.

You can create borders and layer sets for all the different sheet sizes and quickly switch between them simply by changing the Layer Set and Sheet Size.  You may need to "Center the Sheet" but otherwise it's pretty simple.

ps:  I have each sheet size border aligned to the same point at the top-right corner.  This keeps my title block that is along the right side of my layouts in the same positions.

Not to sound like a dummy, and also apologize for resurrecting a nearly 7-year old thread, but to clarify, you use this method to have a single Layout template that you can use for multiple sheet sizes (Arch D, Arch E, etc.)?  Do you still use this method?  I only use 2 sheet sizes, and this seems like a way to save myself a lot of duplication effort in maintaining 2 layout templates for the two sheet sizes I use.

Yes, I still use this.  I actually have 7 sheet sizes I commonly use.\:

• ArchB     12x18
  • ArchC     18x24
  • ArchD     24x36
  • ArchD2   24x42
  • ArchE1   30x42
  • ArchE2   30x48
  • ArchE     36x48

The most common Are ArchD, ArchD2, & ArchE

• Like 1

Layouts can have default sets. Kinda think of them as SPV for the layout. I have 7 different builder inwork for. Clicking on the default set. Brings in the information for each one.  Mainly the title blocks and cover sheets.  You can do the same with the layouts. Put you 11x 17 borders and tile blocks in a default set. Create a custom layer set that works with that default set.  It os about managong the layers. You have to change the sheeet print sizes. Other than that it is a mouse click to change doc sizes and information locations. Make it you layout template.