Tilted Window

Ginkgohouse

Good Morning

We have a new house that has a unique design element - A gable window that is rotated to match the roof plane along the long edge of the window. Picture and Plan Included !!

We are still using x7 - I have tried a bunch of different ways to accomplish this look and look to the power users for a suggestion !

I did download a window from 3dwarehouse as a symbol -  and then rotated it - but of course it does not cut the wall as a normal window would. 

Thanks - Mark

Window_Troubles.plan

File Jun 14, 9 49 50 AM.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Ginkgohouse said:

Good Morning

We have a new house that has a unique design element - A gable window that is rotated to match the roof plane along the long edge of the window. Picture and Plan Included !!

We are still using x8 - I have tried a bunch of different ways to accomplish this look and look to the power users for a suggestion !

I did download a window from 3dwarehouse as a symbol -  and then rotated it - but of course it does not cut the wall as a normal window would. 

Thanks - Mark

Window_Troubles.plan

File Jun 14, 9 49 50 AM.jpeg

I assume this can be done with a custom symbol,  but I ain't going to figure it out.

The issue is you cannot OFFSET BOTTOM CORNERS.

Something I have requested before.

You can offset the top corners but not bottom corners.  59415272a31bb_ScreenShot2017-06-14at8_11_27AM.thumb.png.90771e152ca3e974963ed758dea00ab9.png

You're almost there!

Make a poly-solid for the siding... with a "hole" to allow the tilted window to show through.

Do the same on the interior for the sheetrock.

...on a side note, I always do an edit and cut...then place the polylines up on the attic level where they don't mess up the floor plan.

step 2.JPG

I knew that house was in Vermont before I saw the license plate on the car in the driveway. In fact I an architect I used to work for in Western Massachusetts called that a "Vermont window." 

(Though we have our share of windows installed that way in Maine too.)

42 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Nice one Michael.

Yep,  Michael is one of the best.

but of course my client would say...  "let's change that 4020 to a 5016 "........  and I would need to start the process over again.....  point is,  it would be great if CA fixed this lapse in their program.

• Upvote 1