creeter

creeter

1 hour ago, creeter said:

i am missing the roof materials in all of my menus and i can not set up default roof materials

any suggestions on how to get it back

Maybe you need to download the materials to your library again.

• Upvote 1

If you're referring to Default settings>Materials:

roof1.thumb.PNG.cecbc0466660058de41a4a771fe3e00d.PNG

...that is not the only place to define default roof materials. Also check out Default Settings>Roof>Roof Defaults>Materials:

roof2.thumb.PNG.54880411052d842cc1fa70ed5f2b8ed7.PNG

...you can also set materials on a per-roof-plane basis within the object specification dialog box.

in x7 under the default tab you could change it to whatever material you wanted but in x8 that doesnt seem to be an option. i have the same boxes as shone on rlackore's post and that changes a lot but not the actual roof material. what am i missing

ok so i found a way around this, in the roof structure you can change it but not in the default settings

would be nice to have it back in the default settings so you can save a step or two be declaring before hand what roof you be using

2 minutes ago, solver said:

Snap1.png

Eric,  I noticed you put the ROOF PLYWOOD as part of the ROOF FINISH and not part of the ROOF STRUCTURE.

I was thinking it made more sense to put the ROOF  PLYWOOD as part of the ROOF STRUCTURE and not the ROOF FINISH.

I am thinking of how the ROOF BASELINE is determined.  

What do you think......  I am not sold on any method yet.....  I think it has a lot to do with the ROOF BASELINE ........  I have not done enough experimentation to make a final determination.

• Upvote 1

as you can see on this plan of mine,  I am putting the roof ply/starter boards on the ROOF FINISH.

I am still wondering where and why it should be at either the ROOF STRUCTURE or the ROOF FINISH/SURFACE.

5941659c9d07f_ScreenShot2017-06-14at9_33_11AM.thumb.png.eae6e3c6732a18c51c87b2c42d7e97c0.png    5941659db23de_ScreenShot2017-06-14at9_32_54AM.thumb.png.efefb367eb483b34b883b60d47d47a68.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, solver said:

the roof sheathing should be in the structure and not finish, because it's structure and not finish.

I AM NOT SURE IF THAT IS A GOOD REASON

Just now, solver said:

Baseline should be at the bottom of the roof structure, not the top ...

YEAH,  BUT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON

thanks for input

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dshall said:

I was thinking it made more sense to put the ROOF  PLYWOOD as part of the ROOF STRUCTURE and not the ROOF FINISH.

I am thinking of how the ROOF BASELINE is determined.  

I agree that the roof sheathing is structure, but I don't want it affecting the roof baseline. I set the roof baseline to establish the "heel height" for the roof trusses, and I don't want the sheathing counting against this; so I put the sheathing in the Surface.