Undo conflict error

thorn-ecoc

Out of nowhere I'm getting "An ID conflict occurred during IO" when I use undo. ............using Version 8

Show Detail tab shows

C:\p4sync\dev\Releases\18\chief\CACommon\IDManager\Manageable.cpp(113): Warning #272032333

"An ID conflict occurred during IO. This is potentially serious and could result in data loss."

I've tried saving as a different file name, but don't know what else to try to get message to stop.

• Upvote 1

Saving as is a good way to protect yourself but merely making copies of corrupted files is all that does, it "fixes" nothing. I have not seen such an error message since version 7 or 8 so I doubt any here will know anything useful in terms of specifics. Generally speaking such errors come from poor end user habits based upon a perfunctory actual knowledge of Chief Architect software and its proper use. I am not saying this as a put down at all, but rather merely stating facts based upon helping newer users is what I have specialized in for over twenty years. Knowing what to do is far superior to merely guessing and hoping for a livable outcome. Competence is your only real protection from error messages, when you follow established procedures you rarely see them and when you don't that is almost all one sees. Version 8 is an antique application, it still of course works as it was originally designed to do so but it is still an antique that was designed for an antique operating system and hardware.

DJP

Well, the error simply vanished. Kept popping up for about an hour at every undo, then stopped.

And yes, I've only been using CA daily for 22 years. I'm sure it is "from poor end user habits based upon a perfunctory actual knowledge of Chief Architect software and its proper use"

I did fail to add an X ..I am using version X8. (Been to busy to even  install X9)

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw the same error for the first time as well. Perhaps there are unkept drawing errors as we're trying to be creative and not trying to build correctly all the time. Did CA help you pinpoint the problem and give solution?

We've migrated to X9 and it's dramatically better. Performance is 2x to 3x better in speed and build ease. The only comment I have is that I wished we used it earlier. :)