imac recomendations

djhplanning

I am planning to finally make the move from windows pc to mac sometime later this fall.  I am tired of all the problems with pc, viruses, windows 10 and Microsoft.  Seams like you have to be a computer tech to use now days.  Can any of you mac users out there give me feedback on your imac system, what you have, memory, graphics card, etc. and how Chief Architect is running speed wise on your system, any other thoughts?  I'm looking at the 27" imac and others specs yet to be determined. 

3 minutes ago, djhplanning said:

I am planning to finally make the move from windows pc to mac sometime later this fall.  I am tired of all the problems with pc, viruses, windows 10 and Microsoft.  Seams like you have to be a computer tech to use now days.  Can any of you mac users out there give me feedback on your imac system, what you have, memory, graphics card, etc. and how Chief Architect is running speed wise on your system, any other thoughts?  I'm looking at the 27" imac and others specs yet to be determined. 

This is the MAC I have been  using the past 4 years...  good to go.  Later this year they are coming out with an upgraded IMAC,  I will  probably by a new IMAC.

I used a PC before CA ported to MAC.  I had few  problems with the PC.....  but I am essentially computer illiterate.....  since CA ported to a MAC,   I use the MAC.......  I get the best MAC possible and I assume it is good to go,  and it is.  I do not have time and I do not want think about the hardware specs.  I get the most recent MAC and I am happy.

5940453677013_ScreenShot2017-06-13at12_58_09PM.thumb.png.f3e73744f13dd2c489495e72fd570155.png

• Upvote 1

Apple is coming out with an iMac Pro, probably this fall.  The technical specs and it have a real WOW factor like up to 18 cores and up to a Radeon Pro Vega 64 graphics processor with 16GB of HBM2 memory.  Of course the price will match those top specs.

The latest iMac 27" has a 3.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor and Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB video memory.

I just bought a Mac Pro with 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor, Dual AMD FirePro D500 with 3GB VRAM each, 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD.

I looked at the iMac but decided to go with the Mac Pro because of the more cores and dual video cards.

My new Mac Pro flies with CA9.

I bought a used iMac two years ago having switched from pc for much the same reasons.   

Behold...

21.5 inch, Mid 2011

2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

C02HN8T1DHJF

OS X 10.11.3

I'm very happy with it. The number one difference with a pc is that it performs the exact same way today as it did the first day I got it. 

I don't experience any lag or crashing.

I can certainly afford upgrading to a 2017 IMac but I couldn't be bothered. 

I think the main areas to spend money on are a solid state hard drive and as much ram as you can afford.