frieze trim automatically rebuilding

djhplanning

I don't want this frieze trim on the house wall.  Anyone know how to keep this frieze molding from automatically rebuilding?  I keep deleting manually it but it keeps showing up.  I've tried deleting it, unchecking the "frieze molding on selected edge", I have auto rebuild roofs off in the roof dialog setup, auto rebuild roofs is off in defaults.  What am I missing?

frieze trim.JPG

The settings that control "Freeze Trim" can be found in the Build Roof Dialog. If you do not want any Freeze trims then do not set any to be built in the Build Roof Dialog. Such trims are also on their own layer and can be turned on or of visually in Display Options.

DJP

8 hours ago, djhplanning said:

What am I missing?

This software is predicated upon settings, dialog boxes and input boxes. Usually it is just taking the time to look and find where such settings are and what they do. It is time well spent.

9 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

The settings that control "Freeze Trim" can be found in the Build Roof Dialog. If you do not want any Freeze trims then do not set any to be built in the Build Roof Dialog. Such trims are also on their own layer and can be turned on or of visually in Display Options.

DJP

This software is predicated upon settings, dialog boxes and input boxes. Usually it is just taking the time to look and find where such settings are and what they do. It is time well spent.

Thanks for your response David.  I am just wanting to get rid of the one piece of trim on the house wall and keep the other pieces of frieze trim.  

1 hour ago, joey_martin said:

Once you select that trim, convert it to a basic molding pline rather than a frieze (roof trim) and select the box for no trim on this line. Then select the roof plane and remove the frieze for that roof plane so that it won't keep generating.

Thanks for your response Joey, where do I find the command to convert the roof trim molding to a basic pline?  

7 hours ago, solver said:

Don't think this is an option.

Give this a try.

Unlock the Roof Trim layer. Select and copy the molding p-lines you want to keep. Delete the frieze from this roof plane.

Paste Hold Position to put the molding p-lines back.

A little bit of a bother, but this seamed to work and keep it from rebuilding.  Thank you

6 hours ago, joey_martin said:

You re right...thinking of something else. 

Select the trim piece and this tool pops up, use it to delete the offending piece of trim.

Screenshot 2017-06-14 10.49.35.png

Tried this and it continued to rebuild itself, even if I open another roof plane on the house, change nothing and click ok to close the roof window.  Thank you for you recommendation