Light Commercial Template for Chief Interiors

Troy-F

My specialty is tenant improvements and I recently purchased Chief Interiors to draw up floor plans for my property management customer. I thought I would have a commercial template, but I don't.

Does anyone have one I could get or am I looking at up[grading to Premier?

Chief is a very good interior design app - even for commercial - but their focus is residential.  If by "template" you mean objects like elevators and other commercial resources then you may need to create those elements in Chief or try and find downloadable resources like 3d warehouse (Tremble/Google).

What I would want in a template are commercial finishes and commercial accessories. I understand that I can build them myself, but I was looking for a headstart. When I draw a room I would like it to look like an office, not a bedroom. 

any ideas?

10 hours ago, johnny said:

Chief is a very good interior design app - even for commercial - but their focus is residential.  If by "template" you mean objects like elevators and other commercial resources then you may need to create those elements in Chief or try and find downloadable resources like 3d warehouse (Tremble/Google).

Do you know if these tools are Chief compatible?

In the Chief 3D library on line there are catalog for: Office Accessories,  Cubicles (in furniture), Grouped rooms- Office . You can get some things not there from the sketchup 3D warehouse. And an enormous number of things can be made by altering cabinets within chief and saving to your library. It's a long time since I used the Interiors version but I think all of that is available to you. (you may still discover that Premier is worth the cost for productivity)

It's pretty simple to make your own templates, most of us do. May want to also have a warehouse plan where you can store symbols to copy and paste- or work out a good system for your user library to make life simpler.

Everyone's templates are different and may not be for you. I know I can't use anyone else's templates. I like my layer-sets and anno-sets, and you can't even pay me to use theirs, It's better for me to just re-draw it, and much faster.  I refuse to change. That would slow me down so much. The best thing is to develop your own and keep improving it over time.

• Upvote 1

pCon use by Chief Architect users doing commercial projects

to assist in 3d models, materials, templates - along  with - ideas and examples 

pCon.planner – FREE
3D Interior Design Software to aid Chief Architect users

Chief users doing commercial projects can benefit from the resources found in

pCon Planner - a free software program that links well to commercial catalogs, materials, and templates.

pCon Planner's main focus is for interior layouts of commercial offices, Educational and Medical.

It links to participating manufacturer Catalogs, Materials, and standard templates that can aid your

setup of your own Chief Architect commercial templates.

Its main strength is the "links" to product catalogs, designer examples, and templates.

Unfortunately, its main focus is European but there are North American products as well.

pCon allows several export options including skp files that can be easily imported into

Chief Architect or SketchUp depending on your workflow.

The attached files show the type of files that can be IMPORTED and EXPORTED from pCon.

I use pCon as a type of 3D Warehouse which focuses on commercial products.

My workflow is to load commercial products into pCon and then export to Chief Architect as skp files.

An example is a roller door.  Chief Architect has yet to add roller doors to their door list

(roller doors have been repeatedly requested over the years,

Please add your request for Roller Doors to the Suggestions Forum)

pCon 002.JPG593e61122d8ed_pCon003.thumb.JPG.b99adec1268abd7d648d2ded459c88a3.JPG593e61157d451_pCon004.thumb.JPG.f5afde728e509b5b9ee192e2c82e47aa.JPG593e6117e1541_pCon005.thumb.JPG.f2b7880bac69d0b1a7b9e4136d426f0d.JPG593e611a19978_pCon006.thumb.JPG.c8ff6a4db885de55ef7cfa5e53d64407.JPG593e612149b79_pCon008.thumb.JPG.d469c47c75c7e73f41dc658aacd602bb.JPG593e612728265_pCon010.thumb.JPG.18c2750e4b8b1f9b78484b142aefe65f.JPG593e6129bafbd_pCon011.thumb.JPG.4aac76012120586f3e40c34ef728fd17.JPG593e612467262_pCon009.thumb.JPG.31c4562898637edce29ffc667815c412.JPG

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2017 at 8:34 AM, DRAWZILLA said:

Everyone's templates are different and may not be for you. I know I can't use anyone else's templates. I like my layer-sets and anno-sets, and you can't even pay me to use theirs, It's better for me to just re-draw it, and much faster.  I refuse to change. That would slow me down so much. The best thing is to develop your own and keep improving it over time.

very wise advice.

• Upvote 1