3D Viewer in HD has red question marks where my masonry should be

Michael_Gia

34 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I bet if this was Tuesday that would not happen.  Is that a custom material of chief default?  Maybe post the material and see if it is reproducible.

It's the first sunny and warm weekend of the year up here, that's why this is happening.

The material is attached in my post above.

It was a stock material that I had modified quite a while ago.  It works great in any render view or raytrace.  The problem is only in HD mode in the 3D Viewer.

The question mark material is a signal from the graphics engine that 3D Viewer is using that means the graphics engine isn't able to read the material correctly for some reason. I opened the image file associated with the texture (RocArt_off_white.bmp) in a graphics editing program and saved it off as a .png. In Chief, I modified the material to use the .png version of the texture instead of the .bmp version. Then, I exported the object to 3D Viewer again. The new model correctly displays the texture. 

We tend to see more problems with materials that reference .bmp files than .png files. If you run into a problem like this again, I'd recommend trying to replace any offending .bmp texture files with .png files. Nearly any simple graphics manipulation program should allow you to open the .bmp file and save it off as a .png.

I have attached the updated .png version of the texture.

RocArt_off_white.png

• Upvote 2