Tilt-Turn Windows

myrtsbnye

Is it possible to show windows as tilt-turn windows? I've searched here and online and haven't found anything on this topic.

In elevation a tilt-turn window has an operating symbol similar casement window AND an awning window combined since the window can be opened as a casement window or an awning window (hinged at the bottom though in this case).

Thanks

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen anything like that in Chief, You might have to make your own symbol for that. A lot of work for sure, but you can use the comment section of the window schedule to note exactly what you want, it just won't look correct in any views.

• 6 years later...

I used a glass panel door, adjusting the Panel Frame Widths, to at least get the look and handle hardware correct.

This lack of tilt-turn and different right/left double door sizes makes it seem as though they don’t want to sell their otherwise mostly great software outside of North America.

The hate/misunderstanding/non-awareness of tilt-turn windows is quite wide spread here.

One of the best North American window manufacturer does offer them, but at almost TEN TIMES the price of their casement (side hinge/in-swung type) or SIX TIMES that of their hopper (bottom hing/top in) windows. I ended up using awning (top hing/bottom out) windows at 1/8 the price. I replaced ALL of my house’s windows, the five tilt-turn of 53 windows were almost half the quote.

Other American tilt-turn manufacturers either don’t ship to where I live (3) or don’t offer them as aluminum clad wood windows (2), or only extruded vinyl (1). I checked with European manufacturers, but they only send container quantities. I found articles about, references to, and a local builder who had used one American exception (tilt-turn, high quality, small quantity), but they went out of business a few years ago; don’t remember if it was during COVID or the housing crisis.