Adjust material definition tool

Sabine77

Are there limitations to adjust materials with this tool? For example, I am trying to adjust the size of subway tile ( from the core library). Although the changes are made in the preview , the the changes are not being made in my plan. I had the same trouble with changing the direction of hardwood floors ( by changing the angle from 0 to 90) etc.

What am I doing wrong? I have only been using X9 for a week...

Thanks!!!!

Hi Solver!!! I did watch the videos.

For the wood  floor direction I am trying to edit in the texture menu- I go to offset and angle and change the angle from 0 degrees to 90 degrees. Nothing happens.

For resizing the subway tile -general menu- specifications - change the height & length. Nothing happens. I also wanted to try changing the shapes to hexagon, etc. Did not work.

The only thing I have successfully changed is color with the blend with texture option.

The settings under Pattern effects the 2D view and the settings under Texture effect the 3D view. You need to change the direction in both Pattern and Texture for it to show correctly in both views. I believe you will find that the direction setting under Pattern is the opposite to the Texture one, for example if the texture direction you want is 90 then the Pattern direction will be 0.

4 minutes ago, Sabine77 said:

Should clarify, when I say 2D I mean the vector view camera, not plan view.

plan attached with floor in two directions- open the materials dbx for each to see-look at ALL tabs.For vector view change the pattern directions as Graham suggests.

TIle -you can only change tile size pattern by switching to custom pattern and changing the scale- gets very tricky-see tile on wall.

For symbols and materials (and most anything else) I like to use the reference manual as opposed to just videos.

floor.plan

9 hours ago, MarkMc said:

TIle -you can only change tile size pattern by switching to custom pattern and changing the scale- gets very tricky-see tile on wall.

Mark,

I am not sure that I am reading you correctly.

The Pattern size can be changed on the General panel and the Texture size can be changed on the Texture panel (Scale).

Why the need to select a custom pattern?  

3 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Must have been doing something wrong when I tried it earlier.:wub:

I think if you try to Adjust a Copy of the Material with a custom Pattern like the RH MR Tile on the wall in your plan , some options like size on the general tab get grayed out...

I could do it fairly easily on the LH Wall MR in your plan eg making a 4x16 tile....

Capture.JPG