Error when placing hole in polyline solid

Michael_Gia

- I placed a polyline solid.

- I then placed another polyline solid and

tried to make it a hole in said polyline solid. 

- I get an error "no polyline of the same type found to contain this hole etc..."

I know I've done this a million times what am I doing wrong?

Please help?

....again

:(

24 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Are they both drawn in the same view?   Maybe try drawing item 2 as a poly line and converting to p-solid.

Or convert both items to solids and subtract.

My bet is on this issue ^^^^  it makes no logical sense to me why the view it was created in is so important, but Chief operates this way with psolids.

I created the first p-solid in plan view by drawing a rectangle on the floor and giving it a height of 200 inches.

I then took a wall elevation view of that p-solid. 

Next I drew another p-solid in the wall elevation view on the surface of the first p-solid. 

Then when I attempted to convert the second p-solid to a hole I got that error message. 

Are we not allowed to draw a hold in a different plane from which the first p-solid was drawn?

That seems ridiculous. I'm sure I've done this many times before...

(sorry for responding late. I posted this question just before going to bed last night)

Ok, I guess I thought I had done this in the past - I guess not. 

However, I wish the error message would perhaps say "hey dummy draw the 2nd p-solid in the same plane as the first one", instead of the ambiguous and lead to nowhere error message that's in place. 

I will chalk that up to user error regardless. 

Thanks Glen.