Help Needed: Sloped terrain, foundation, and a pool

mrrozhall

Happy Friday everyone.  I am struggling with a design whose terrain is sloped.  The foundation at the front of the house should start at 0" and go to 6' at the rear.  I am adding a pool like in the rendering by a pool designer and with her software (Pool Studio??) she was able to properly depict how my lot slopes (and how my foundation height increases towards the rear) giving a true representation of how the pool, patio, yard will look. 

I'm trying to "reproduce" this in CA as much as possible...partially so I can learn the correlation between terrain, and foundations in CA.  I am struggling with this.  I am attaching my plan and the pool rendering to give an idea of what I'm talking about.  If anyone is able to edit my plan to include a terrain starting at 0" and going to 6' at the rear of my plan *and* add a concrete slab (like in the photo...which also follows the sloping terrain), I'D BE ABSOLUTELY IN YOUR DEBT.  I've reviewed, read, followed along with several tutorials and I must admit I'm no expert but still struggle with this.

I thank you kindly in advance.  I realize this is a major ask.  I am using X8.

Ross

View.png

DECKOFFPATIO_WORKINGMODEL.plan

Hi Ross , I still have X8 on here too , so I had a quick look , I'm no expert but.... 

You have the foundation set as a monolithic Slab? , so I changed it to a Basement foundation wall type at 104" since the lot slopes minimum 6 feet as a quick fix for views,

if there is no basement you could step the foundation too.

I had to change the Terrain Perimeter specs as the height wasn't correct after that , I unchecked automatic for the building Pad and set it myself at 18" 

And then a Elevation line at 0" at the Front building line and One set at -72" at the rear building line is pretty much all that is needed for this type of slope.

I then messed with your pads and the Pool heights to make it work.....

Also noticed your 2nd floor doesn't line up with the 1st floor , you can see the line in the saved Camera views.

M.

pool.jpg

DECKOFFPATIO_KB.plan