How to revert to default material in bulk

NotAPro

hello!

All of my ceilings were painted with the stucco from the exterior and I am obviously trying to change all of the ceilings back to the default material, all at once. 

Is there a bulk selection option for change back ALL of my ceilings to the default material (drywall) ?

Select one of the rooms you want to change. Use the match properties tool, and check the box that says ceiling finish, then hit ok. It should select all the rooms with that finish. Then open them up and go to the materials tab and you can change it there.

@solver

I have been using Chief Architect since X3.  I do not think you read completely what I wrote.

Chris_Kelly told me to use the 'match properties tool' however there is not a tool called this exactly.

So your suggestion to reading the Chief Architect manual will not suffice.

This is why I am not a pro and you are the solver? :lol:

This issue mentioned above has been unsolvable for me always...

I can go in each room and manually change the ceiling but that is not the point because I have a multi family floor plan with hundreds of ceilings (all closets, bathrooms, rooms, and anything with walls around it)  I do not see a bulk action to select all ceilings throughout the plan, in this case, and change them all at the same time in a bulk action.

You must not be using Chief Premier X7+ if you do not have a Match Properties tool.

It would be helpful if you placed some details in your signature - like your Chief version for a start.

How did all the ceilings get painted with stucco in the first place.

Depending on the answer, the solution could be different.