I create a plan file view and use text to enter text in the plans. i then go to framing view and enter text specific to framing view. when i go back to plan view, the text i have entered in framing view shows up in plan view and i cannot get rid of it. if i delete the text that has transferred over from framing from the plan view, it deletes it in the framing view as well. this has been an ongoing problem, and anyone who can help will be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks

ronnie

maybe i don't understand. i do different text on different layers specific to that layer. then when i move between the two, the text winds up on both. thanks so much for the help.

its like its bleeding one to the other.

No ... it is a good question that's been asked and/or researched by just about everyone using Chief.  If you have X9 and are current with your SSA, go to Help in the tool bar and there will be a drop down menu for the CA training videos.  I would suggest you watch all you can find about setting up layers/layer sets/anno sets ... and perhaps read about them as well.  Scott Harris (Chief staff) did a pretty good one that I think will help you a lot.  He goes pretty fast so you may want to watch it more than once.  After you've done your looking and if you still have questions, then come back to the forum and fire away.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. WORKED VERY WELL.

may i ask you two more questions.?

1.  I make my plans, details, site plans, etc and transfer to a layout. i am able to work very well back and forth between the two. i produce the pdf

file so i can send to printer.....but after i close out of chief then come back later  ..... my plan is there but many items that were in the layout one hour ago are missing and i have to try to find whatever saved file they were in. very frustrating i am sure you can understand.

any notion why that occurs. when i later open my plan again after having gotten out of my chief programgo back to my layout....

2. because i didn't click off make a copy of the layout, i have 98 layer sets and i am terrified to delete any for fear of screwing up something. i the future i

am trying to remember to always click off on the copy function but for now i have all these layer sets i have no idea of what to do with.

Thanks.

Ronnie

I create a plan file view and use text to enter text in the plans. i then go to framing view and enter text specific to framing view. when i go back to plan view, the text i have entered in framing view shows up in plan view and i cannot get rid of it. if i delete the text that has transferred over from framing from the plan view, it deletes it in the framing view as well. this has been an ongoing problem, and anyone who can help will be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks

ronnie

very nice of you to respond. got the text thing understandable but what do i do with this cavalcade of layers in \

layer set preferences and management. will i decimate my plan if i delete all of the layer sets?

chief problem layer set mgt.png

I think you will be fine to just leave them there and for your next plan they should not be in your template file.  Just remember not to create them unless it is necessary, and do not save all the extras as a template plan.

appreciate the suggestion. will do. maybe just leave the layers for safety sake. in the future i will just be sure to check off not to make copies.

are you also on corruption island? wow what a name.