Framing question & Stray Objects

ACADuser

I have 2 stray objects, see picture. They can not be selected. How do you go about finding out what they are?

Framing Question?

I want to show in 3D Framing bearing walls only. That is only the framing in those walls, not the sheeting.

In other words I do not want to see framing on the interior walls in the 3D framing view.

I also would like a Front & Rear elevation showing framing for the carpenters.

How do you normally go about this?

CA Objects.JPG

MacDill RH-Unit Treetop Framing.zip

It is on your wall framing layer.  I got rid of it by doing "edit area, visible".  Second question - To display only parts of the framing in 3d, you can put those elements on a new layer and turn the framing layer off.

Got the items deleted, Thanks

So you are saying I can put the walls I want hidden on a new layer & turn that layer off? That may be my best option.

I wish there was a way to select a wall & DELETE the framing. At this time I don't want the non-bearing wall framing shown.

Oh wait, I tried to select a stud & use the Select Similar Tool but it only select the framing within that wall, not the entire floor.

At this point I would like to delete ALL wall framing & then select wall I want the framing rebuilt. I should have done this first but I built ALL wall framing.

Use the same tool again "edit area, visible".  You should have all layers turned off except for wall framing when you do this.  It will delete everything you select.  Don't forget that you can use a cad box of any shape to determine your edit area selection (if needed).

Alan,

There are several options to achieve what you want.

Try these.

If you want to delete all your wall framing, use the Delete Objects tool - you have the choice to delete from a single room, current floor , or all floors.

Then, if you want to build the framing for only one wall, select the wall and use the  Build Framing For Selected Objects tool.

If you want to delete the framing for only one wall, select the wall, select the Open Wall Detail tool, Marque select all the framing and Delete.