• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stevemrb
    Newest Member
    Stevemrb

• By Designedit
      Hi
      I was wondering if anyone knows how to make my attic walls appear in my Gable roof. Id like three gables to the right of the door if facing the house. Can't seem to tweak it enough to make it all perfect and flush with shakes.  

Gable Question Plan.dwg
    • By Designer100
      main issue is I cannot get a gable at front porch entry and go thru porch, grand hallway, and rear veranda. When I break front porch wall and rebuild roof manuelly right side is okay, but roof goes crazy on the left side of the gable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Newell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
      walker plan.zip
    • By Designer100
      main issue is I cannot get a gable at front porch entry and go thru porch, grand hallway, and rear veranda. When I break front porch wall and rebuild roof manuelly right side is okay, but roof goes crazy on the left side of the gable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Newell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
    • By alikelly
      Hi I am trying to create a 3D version of a home designed by an architect and the renderings need to be spot on as they will be going on a website to showcase the home design. I only have to get the front looking correct and don't need to worry about the interior backs or sides. I have the roof almost done with auto build, but I cannot for the life of me get the gable over the front porch (I've tried a ton of different ways) and have it connect correctly to the rest of the roof. And I'm also noticing the roofline of the first story under the upper right windows is too low. Any help would be appreciated. I've attached a picture of the front elevation my version and the architects front elevation and my plan! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roofs are the bane of my existence!

Miles back up with porch roof.plan

• By Boxon1
      Hi everybody,
      This is probably common problem, but I couldn't find anything similar in search. So:

-I am trying to make gable wall between two abutting roofs, but above opened loft, where I don't have any walls below. In real life, wall infill would be placed on constructional ridge beams and multiplied rafters, leaving me with only one visible post, that would be incorporated in kitchen island below.
      So, what I need is a inverted "V" shaped exterior wall, placed only above living room gable wall with cathedral ceiling, so people on the loft cant throw stuff down on people below.
      So far, I added exterior to attic floor level, but, as you can see in sections, it works only for the exterior perspective view, and I messed framing badly. And everything else.
      So far, I couldn't find solution to that.

-I also disallowed myself to use "Build roof planes", and "Auto rebuild roofs" options, because I needed to place gable wall between two exterior wall set far apart, with void between, and only way I could think was to build exterior wall in the middle of the room (look at images), to create a roof planes, and then disable "Auto" option, delete that wall, and not to touch "Build roof planes" ever again.
                 That was stupid, and I promise not to do that ever again.
      What I need here it to make a single gable roof placed on two small walls which are approximately 28' apart, and connected only by beams.
      I apologize for poor scan of my quick sketch, roll scanners make all kind of problems...

-I am breaking my head with this for two days, and I must admit that I am really irritated. Not to mention the fact that I am really a Chief architect beginner, just in start of transition from AutoCad.

So far, I came upon only one solution - to leave this exterior wall in the middle of the living room, and talk to client about turning their living room into squash club. But maybe I better try to make this work as intended.
      I would really appreciate any help.