• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Papillion
    Newest Member
    Papillion

• By ccarpenter18
      In X12 I've noticed that when using Structural Member Reporting in a material list, the price column in the list does not appear to be sensitive to whether a "per unit" or "per length" calculation is being performed by the material list.  In both cases, the material list appears to use the same Price variable in the Component Panel of each object.  Does anyone know of some Ruby scripting that could be used to correct this?  Off hand, I'm thinking of a macro inserted into the Price variable on the Component Panel of each structural member that would use the Material List row context to report a price that depends on how the row wants to use the Price.
    • By community
      Hello,
      Just throwing the question out here: Is it possible to write a custom script for X10 to make the program export a custom materials list with some calculated fields and some custom formatting, like a header with our logo?
      If so, would anyone have an idea where I could turn to have this done for me?

Kind regards
    • By BrownTiger
      The Andersen 100 Series windows [Fiberex] are always popular with a builders. Primarily, they offer different interior and exterior colors, not as ugly as some other Vinyl... Sometimes designer want to know if he is using standard vs custom sizes [adds +$$].

So here is a validator macro, that can be assigned as a label or just executed in the tmm

Free Macro, enjoy
      Code demonstrate use of Ruby arrays, and "any?" method.

BT
      I also have A200,400, and pella.. But this will get you started if you are not 100% familiar with Ruby.
      Andersen100Units.json
    • By Doug_N
      In doing some ruby stuff to automate information required by building department code examiners, so I wrote a bit of simple code

to get this. 

But I need that in an elevation, not in a plan view.  No joy it seems.  

Anyone know why this is?

• By GerryT
      Revit, Rhino, Vectorworks and Allplan all have Python support. Form-Zis working on Python. Sketchup does ruby.

Although i do think that Python may integrate better, I still think Ruby is a easier language to learn for the novice. And ruby 3 will have some advanced features.

Wonder where Chief is and what is their position is now? -- With a few improvements and a keyboard interface using Chief's hotkeys, I think Chief's Ruby API could quickly rival the above in versatility? Are Chiefer's going to be left behind? What do you think? Open up Data Access in CA.