several challenges with auto detail and floors

DBearss

I continuation from an earlier post I have a few things I am trying to work out my detail sections.The attached image explains a lot. This is probably a bit complicated of a project for me in this stage of my learning curve and I think I may have messed a few things up.

Starting at the top The attic is not a room so I am assuming that is why I cannot get the insulation into the correct walls. Also am unsure why there are two instances of insulation in the attic wall and ceiling.

There is an interior closet that opens to a loft and things get really messed up if I try to show a ceiling as it takes the walls all the way to the next level.

Next is how to show insulation between the first and second floor apartments. I can show a hatch as a workaround but am sure there is a way to set parameters to show insulation.

Third is the first floor should be a simple 4" slab on grade but is shows a 2" topping. Is that something controlled in room structure or in foundation floor above settings.

Have posted the test plan if anyone is kind enough to dive into my quagmire.

Thanks in advance.

capture-20170601-132650.png

The Hazel TEST.plan

2 hours ago, DBearss said:

Next is how to show insulation between the first and second floor apartments. I can show a hatch as a workaround but am sure there is a way to set parameters to show insulation.

Defalts...Floors and Rooms...Floor/Ceiling Platform...Floor...Floor Structure...Edit...Selected Layer...check Auto Detail As Insulation.

OK.

While you are in the Floor Ceiling Platform Defaults, delete the concrete floor finish - this is where your concrete topping is coming from.

You will get 2 instances of auto detail hatching if you auto Detail twice.

You will need to be a bit more specific regarding the cupboard problem.

Thanks for the replies. However, Tried to revise wall and floor to show insulation and does not work.

Nothing updates at all.

Frustrating.

As far as concrete topping I want it on the second floor but not on the first floor. Is there no way to distinguish?

Also noticed some sections show second floor as wall plate floor framing and some show as baloon framing.

5 hours ago, solver said:

8 hours ago, DBearss said:

Is there a way to remove the auto detail then redo auto detail? Like an auto detail refresh?

That would make too much sense.

Delete and recreate the camera.

No need to redo the camera.

You can use undo if that will work - depends on the undo sequence.

Auto Detail is just cad work over the section and as such can be selected and deleted.

So if you haven't drawn any other cad (dimensions, text, cad, etc) on the section, just do a big marque select or a select all (only cad work is selected) and Delete.

If you have already drawn cad on the section, you will need to use a selection method that only selects the auto detail cad and then delete.

You can then do another auto detail.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:48 AM, DBearss said:

Ok am getting it now. Sections don't update the details. Is there a way to remove the auto detail then redo auto detail? Like an auto detail refresh?

Get into the habit of switching your annotation set (or at least your Current CAD layer) before clicking the Auto Detail tool.  This way, all that Auto Detail CAD can be placed onto its own unique layer.  Then when you want to delete all that auto detail stuff all you have to do is switch to your All Off layer set, turn on just that one layer, select all, and delete.  In fact, do this...

• Create an Auto Detail CAD layer
  • Create an Auto Detail Layer Set that has everything turned off (or at least locked) EXCEPT for your Auto Detail CAD layer
  • Create an Auto Detail Annotation Set and set it to use the Auto Detail CAD layer as its Current CAD layer and the Auto Detail Set as its layer set.
  • Switch to the Auto Detail Annotation Set before clicking Auto Detail
  • Go about your business as usual and switch back to whatever anno set you wish for all future annotations
  • If you decide you want to refresh your Auto Detail work, simply switch back to your Auto Detail Anno Set, select all (Control + A), delete, and then click Auto Detail again.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Michael , great detailed tip  (excuse the pun)  .....think I might add this on my Template plan....

@DBearss  just checking you know about the Regular Polygon Box Insulation Option ?,( CAD Box Tool)  so you can Detail yourself if Auto misses something ...it looks like you hit Autodetail 9 or 10 times in the posted Plan

Capture.JPG