Random annotation set glitches

Michael_Gia

Does anyone else experience text or dimensions randomly jumping to other layers?...

(This seems to happen to plans that I open up from several weeks in the past.)

That is, when working in a particular anno set where I know that text or dimensions are set to a particular layer they then for some unknown reason jump to another layer. 

I used to think that I must have made the change by mistake, but it's happened way too often, I now think it's a bug. 

If you've ever been working in your framing anno set and a dialogue box pops up and asks if you want to turn on the "kitchen and bath" layer set when adding text, you may be experiencing what I'm experiencing. 

Anyone know what I'm talking about? 

I've noticed that if you work with multiple windows on multiple monitors, Chief often gets "confused" about what layerset/annoset is active for whichever window/tab has focus. This results in the behavior you've described with the dbx popping up. This behavior has been mentioned before on this forum (or maybe in the Suggestion forum), so it's a known issue - though I don't think anyone has resolved whether it's truly a Chief problem (bug, etc.) or a quirk of users jumping back and forth between windows/tabs.

For me the latest update changed some anno-set settings, just for text layers in the anno-set. It changed them back to cad default, so all I had to do was change them to the correct layer. Why , I don't know.

I've noticed these weird pop-ups as well in the materials side. I change to a different material, usually in the framing stage, say fir framing to OSB, and when I close the dbx I get a pop-up that says something like, "Chief renamed the material 'wire mesh' to 'wire mesh 2' or something like that. That seems to be the "go-to" material for these; I believe it has always been that material that is referenced. Strange thing is I wasn't even close to that material in the process.

30 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

For me the latest update changed some anno-set settings, just for text layers in the anno-set. It changed them back to cad default, so all I had to do was change them to the correct layer. Why , I don't know.

I have not updated to the latest because I have seen several reports such as this.  This is the first time I have not updated immediately.  

I think I will need to bite the bullet soon and update.......  I hope it works out.

• Upvote 1