Implication of changing floor heights

ACADuser

I have 5 plan files for a 16 unit condo & the truss MFG insist on changing the trusses from 16" deep to 24" deep.

It is easy enough to change the floors one by one to the new truss depth but when it comes to the sections & elevation views

the 2nd floor is raised by 8", the third & 4th floor is raised by 16".

All the elevations dimensions, text, molding (score marks) and material regions are needing to be raised.

I also have CAD details and other stuff that need to be raised. The material regions in the bathrooms (tile & mirrors).

Is there a better way to create these items so they are tied to the floors and is there an easy way to raise them?

Looks like a tedious job to address all the sections & elevations.

Thanks for your time.

I attached one plan example that I raised the floors only.

Look at Section 24 & front elevation for as an example of the items out of place.

MacDill RH-Unit A.zip

26 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

I have 5 plan files for a 16 unit condo & the truss MFG insist on changing the trusses from 16" deep to 24" deep.

It is easy enough to change the floors one by one to the new truss depth but when it comes to the sections & elevation views

the 2nd floor is raised by 8", the third & 4th floor is raised by 16".

All the elevations dimensions, text, molding (score marks) and material regions are needing to be raised.

I also have CAD details and other stuff that need to be raised. The material regions in the bathrooms (tile & mirrors).

Is there a better way to create these items so they are tied to the floors and is there an easy way to raise them?

Looks like a tedious job to address all the sections & elevations.

Thanks for your time.

I attached one plan example that I raised the floors only.

Look at Section 24 & front elevation for as an example of the items out of place.

MacDill RH-Unit A.zip

Easy peasy,  start with top floor and change the DEFAULT FLOOR ELEVATION,  and then change DEFAULT FLOOR STRUCTURE.  Then repeat for the next floor down etc., 

IMPORTANT,  start with top floor and work your way down.

• Upvote 1

Yea I already did that but everything that was not "Associated" with a floor stays where it is at.

Text, leaders, material regions, poly solids, lines etc in section & elevation views will need to be moved by hand.

Correct?

CA Elevations.JPG

CA section.JPG

Alan:

many years ago I requested that when we build stairs that we be allowed to create "assemblies"

so that if needed we could move the stairs and everything attached to them would move also

I also suggested the same for walls, paintings, moldings, polyline solids etc

if the wall moves all that "assembly" should move accordingly - if desired

good luck on adjusting everything - sounds tedious

Lew

This is proving to be a real PITA with the lack of editing tools Chief provides for Sections & Elevations.

You have no Match Properties tool in elevations. That tool needs a Marque selection option too!

This would be soooo easy in Autocad. (Yes David I'm bitching again, sorry but can't help it)

I am using the Layer manager and ALL OFF to turn on what I need but even that is short of ideal.

With the floor thickness being changed I need to move ALL text up 8" then upper 2/3 of the text up 8" and then the upper 1/3 of the text down 3" to restore my alignment.

Thankfully this floor truss height change only happens once in awhile.

• Upvote 1