SNAP SHOT PDF TO LIBRARY

WAYNEDSA

I would like to create library files from pdf snap shots . However when i cad block and add them to my library they are only available on the plan I created them in . Help .

So i take a snap shot , paste it in as an image , cad block it , send to library and like I said they are only available on the plan I created them in . Am i missing something or is this technology not quite there yet  ? . 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

Seems to work fine for me with pdf or jpg.  What version are you using?

Hey Chopsaw ! I'm using the latest . The problem is when I go to use it again in another new plan maybe I have some template issues or settings wrong .

It is an unnecessary step by "Making a CAD Block" of a PDF because background images are programmed to be "IMAGES"  and not CAD blocks. Convert the PDF to a .jpg, .png or some other actual image file type, then add to Library as a backdrop image. If the PDF contains text or CAD detail type graphic data then it should be converted again to an image file format then added to the Library Browser as an image or texture at which time it will become available to future plans as such. Since I am not sure exactly what your purpose is and why you want to save this PDF to your LIbrary Browser I can only then guess as to your purposes as above. PDF files are usually just "Imported" to either plan or layout files for a single use purpose. What exactly is the nature of this PDF you are trying to save and reuse?

DJP

2 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

It is an unnecessary step by "Making a CAD Block" of a PDF because background images are programmed to be "IMAGES"  and not CAD blocks. Convert the PDF to a .jpg, .png or some other actual image file type, then add to Library as a backdrop image. If the PDF contains text or CAD detail type graphic data then it should be converted again to an image file format then added to the Library Browser as an image or texture at which time it will become available to future plans as such. Since I am not sure exactly what your purpose is and why you want to save this PDF to your LIbrary Browser I can only then guess as to your purposes as above. PDF files are usually just "Imported" to either plan or layout files for a single use purpose. What exactly is the nature of this PDF you are trying to save and reuse?

DJP

Hi David , In NZ we have a prescriptive Building Code with GOVT supplied Compliance Documents that are all in PDF . So I can cut a section of a PDF (as in a window flashing detail) and use it as means of compliance for Building Consent . Be nice to then add them as library details . Easier than snap shooting or cutting every time . Long Story probably a different process then where you come from .

I suppose you can add them to your profile plan in the "CAD Detail Management" area. I have done this with other boiler plate kinds of things I use repetitively. I can then zoom in on the specific data I want exposed when I send it to a layout from "CAD Detail Management". The only downside to this is that every plan you then create will have these in the .plan file whether or not you are using these details or not. Where there is a will there is a way.

DJP