custom floor truss

wncbw7

How can I create  floor truss that looks like the attached. I have tried modifying the standard and I get what I want, but when I copy and paste it reverts to the standard profile. I am mainly interested in having a truss with the top cord to sit on the plate vs. the whole truce sitting on a plate.

Thanks in advance for all your great help.

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 5.15.27 PM.png

Create the truss and then copy-paste that truss into a blank plan. Once successfully into a blank plan export that to a 3D .DWG file, then import that 3D .dwg back into Chief as a "Symbol" and then add the resulting symbol to your library browser for future use.

Default trusses merely fill a void that you create between the ceiling and the roof plane bottoms or the void between floors and are programmed to revert to their default condition as a truss object. So if you want a symbol you will have to make one as above.

DJP

Check out ChiefTalk thread 

"https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/14208-truss-types-3d-models-in-sketchup/"

It may be easier to create in SketchUp and then load into Chief as a symbol as suggested above.

Note:

The "free SketchUpMake" allows installation of "plugins as the Medeek Truss Plugin" noted in the ChiefTalk posting above.

Reference: https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=63133&p=620795#p620795

(you will have to join SketchUcation as a member to view all postings and download files - it is free)

12 hours ago, wncbw7 said:

How can I create  floor truss that looks like the attached. I have tried modifying the standard and I get what I want, but when I copy and paste it reverts to the standard profile. I am mainly interested in having a truss with the top cord to sit on the plate vs. the whole truss sitting on a plate.

Not a floor truss expert but you may be able to achieve this by editing after your copy and paste by keeping the Envelope locked and just open and close the DBX to get the truss to take on your modifications.  Post your plan and I will see if it works for your situation.   

Floor truss.JPG