Erratic UNDO behavior?

ACADuser

In a plan I changed a wall layer to Invisible in the DBX.

Drew 2 new walls

Then I used the Hide Layer tool to turn off TEXT layer.

When I hit UNDO the last wall is removed

Hit it again and the other wall is removed.

Again the wall layer change is reversed & the TEXT layer is turned back on.

Aside for the fact the the UNDO has no feedback information (what the hell is it undoing?)

Have any of you experienced this erratic behavior?

I have been having lots of undocumentable issues, so if there is something that is easily reproducible please make sure tech is aware because they are working on the issues as they are identified.

I have also recently resuggested the idea of having undos documented for analysis by tech an use everyday by us as in GIMP.  

I use such things a learning event, I simply avoid doing things that get negative results when I identify such things. Just because something is not programmed the way you expect does not mean it is "wrong" but rather you have merely uncovered a wrong way to use the software. There may be a bug to fix there but in the mean time I would refrain from making the same mistake over and over in an attempt to make myself right and make the software wrong as an exercise. That is all I see there.

DJP

• Downvote 1

Tech support said there is an unexpected behavior & will look into it.

David,

Sorry if I criticize Chief too much. After using Autocad for too many years I have come to expect a lot from a program aimed at professional users.

The homeowner and occasional user will tolerate short comings in the software but it makes me crazy.

I'll try to be quiet for awhile. :)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

I'll try to be quiet for awhile. :)

No,  do not be quiet,  your voice helps all of us including CA,  try not to be quiet,  I think CA appreciates the criticism/help.

• Upvote 3