Tricks to align plans in Layout

johnny

20 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Johnny are you wanting to align things on the same page or have each page the same alignment ?

I was wanting to have each plan view, on different pages, align with each other.  So corner of foundation plan aligns with the same corner on the floor plans - etc etc.

36 minutes ago, johnny said:

Are there any methods or tricks to aligning plans (easily) in Layout?  The problem is that nothing snaps in a viewport so adding a marker or something doesn't seem to work well.

See pic,  See blue marker,  that is on PAGE ZERO,  I point to point a corner of house to that blue marker for each PLAN VIEW.  It does not snap but it is close enough for me.59271eb4c968a_ScreenShot2017-05-25at11_11_17AM.thumb.png.73206c98d03789196f285734048a5a30.png

Here's how I do it:

• I show the sheet (Arch D - Landscape) in the Plan with my building located where I want it to be in the Layout.  I actually move the sheet, not the plan itself.
  • When I send to Layout I Zoom to Extents and send Current Screen
  • In the Layout all Floors will be centered on the Page.

If you then want to move all floors, you can use the Layout Box dbx "Center Position" coordinates - or Transform Replicate to move them each the same amount.

I do similar to Scott and Java - send my main floor plan to it's layout page and then send subsequent plan views to that page and point to point move to align.

then move the new view to it's proper page.

16 minutes ago, javatom said:

You can also cut from one page and do control, alt, paste in the next page.  Then open the dbx and change the floor it is displaying.

I do like this method also.  Maybe not as quick  (seconds).

4 hours ago, javatom said:

You can also cut from one page and do control, alt, paste in the next page.  Then open the dbx and change the floor it is displaying.

Yup.  This is what I typically do as well (except that I COPY instead of cut).  

Depending on the view type or objects in view I will also oftentimes draw a reference line in layout to mark the bottom left corner (or any other static location), create a CAD Detail From View, copy the desired snap point from that CAD Detail and Paste/Hold Position back into layout.  You can then select the layout box and use Point To Point Move.  Then you can Cut/Paste Hold Position your original reference line from one page to the next and repeat the CAD Detail Step as necessary.  

• Upvote 1