Roof Issues

rittsdoneright

I've been having issues with auto build roofs. I'm new to this program so be easy on my design but I know I'm doing something wrong.

I am trying to build a Gable roof, I have gabled ends but in auto build roofs it wants to hip the roof and create almost a hand raftered roof instead of one with trusses. I want to be able to have one/two ridges where the plan keeps trying to create 3 or more depending on how I move the walls.  

Possible_design_2.plan

This is probably a very simple roof design that would only take a few minutes to create. I have some time tonight to look at it in more detail with you if you'd like. Do you have a pic of what you're trying to achieve? Is this a existing structure? Feel free to drop me an email rjddesignconcepts@gmail.com

3 minutes ago, ShaneK said:

4 mouse clicks later...........solver gets a point.

2017-05-30_9-49-51.jpg

Possible_design_2.zip

Thank you that does help a tad but that's not exactly what I'm trying to achieve but what I'm trying to achieve may not be able to do.

I'm wanting a connecting double gable in the front, like the picture attached and a single ridge line through the house and garage.

house.jpg

7 minutes ago, ShaneK said:

4 mouse clicks later...........solver gets a point.

2017-05-30_9-49-51.jpg

Possible_design_2.zip

Can I ask, how you did that with the roof though, I'm still a newbie to this and I couldn't even figure how to do that!

I do like the roof that way & I'll probably keep it that way just didn't know if it could have one ridge line across or not.

1 minute ago, solver said:

It's a give and take process. You could have a single ridge, but other things will need to change, so what's more important?

This image does not help, just shows another way.

Snap1.thumb.jpg.4e65bb93fc7ad145fdc32993a851d4f8.jpg

Thank you! I think I will go with the first way you and shaneK did it, but I really like what you did with my entrance!

Thank you!!!