Elevation datums

mlthrift

7 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

No Michael, I didn't miss it.

Joe,  I see now that what Glenn said was a little different and that he may or may not have slipped up a bit.  HOWEVER, you said...

On 9/22/2017 at 6:19 AM, Joe_Carrick said:

It would really be nice if Chief just had a setting in the Storey Pole Dims to add a value to the displayed Elevation Datum.

We already have that.  It's the Grade Level Marker...the setting I pointed out.  I guess the only thing I failed to point out was that you do need to also make sure the Elevation Reference is set to Grade Level Marker.

And then you said...

On 9/22/2017 at 8:12 AM, Joe_Carrick said:

OK, I got this to work by setting the Subfloor Height Above Terrain to -114'

Either you're working with a different program or I'm totally missing something, but here is what happens when you change that setting...

59c6ba3a9896b_Pic1.thumb.png.5db731906bf3ddc1d828f4121c627e1e.png

It just seems like somebody is missing something.  I originally thought Glenn had helped spell things out pretty good, but maybe I read his initial response too quickly.  Its really not that complicated and as I hope I illustrated above, I believe your description of how you got it to work is both incorrect and misleading.  A person DOES NOT need to change the Subfloor Height Above Terrain if they want their elevation dimensions to reference sea level.  All they need to do is change their Grade Level Marker.  Simple as that.

And for anyone else following along or trying to learn something from this.  It seems to be a little known fact that you don't have to use Auto Story Pole Dimensions to get this functionality.  You can access and change that Grade Level Marker through ANY of your dimensions defaults.  Furthermore, you can USE any dimension type to get this same functionality.  All you need to do is draw your dimension using your desired dimensions tool and then check Draw Elevation Marker...

59c6be004b581_Pic2.thumb.png.06bfd657082157fddb1568cab587ff50.png