Tables/Schedules Size in Layouts??

ACADuser

I have been adding my window & door schedules to CAD Details then sending to layouts.

The problem I have is when the table grows due to added doors & windows the added items can be missing from view. Also when the table width changes.

When you send to layout it creates a minimum size opening for the table & you must remember to expand that when  you alter the schedule.

Any thoughts on how to better manage this situation. At 68 I'm not learning as fast as I once did. So remembering to check that table height in Layout gets overlooked.

6 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

I have been adding my window & door schedules to CAD Details then sending to layouts.

The problem I have is when the table grows due to added doors & windows the added items can be missing from view. Also when the table width changes.

When you send to layout it creates a minimum size opening for the table & you must remember to expand that when  you alter the schedule.

Any thoughts on how to better manage this situation. At 68 I'm not learning as fast as I once did. So remembering to check that table height in Layout gets overlooked.

I do it your way,  i think it is the best way  (cad detail),  I have experienced the same issue,  I would suggest making the layout box..........  HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE!)

I you adjust the width of the Columns in the Schedules they will remain that width and the rows will then adjust in height to accommodate the data.  Of course you will have to make sure the Layout Box is tall enough to show all the rows, but at least the width of the Schedule will remain constant.

I don't think there's any better way to deal with this problem.  IAE, once you have it set up in your Templates it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

I just start out using a large layout viewport but you do have to check it before printing. Electrical is a particular problem, it seems to get larger than the page. One solution is to make the 2 or 3d view smaller but not so small you can't read it. I use separate schedules for each floor and put each schedule on it's floor plan page. Sometimes the floor plan is too large to fit all that, in that case all you can do is go to a larger page or put all schedule's on their own page, but I hate doing that b/c flipping pages for that ,is not good in my mind. I also don't use a callout and add the window or door label to the plan that says exactly what size it is.

Good info guys.

When the layout box is big it gets selected when I don't want it selected.

But that's probably the best preventative measure.

I do run through the sheets before printing but if the layout box was created by Chief it appears OK but there can be more items in the schedule not showing.

This will be a housekeeping task I guess. Keeping the layout box larger will help.

Thanks