3D modeling

Byyourbuilder

Good Evening All

I know this is going to sound a little strange but I created this Raytrace / picture back in 2015 , I was on this forum and someone ask about something similar to this and there was an answer or a link to follow giving you the steps to do this.. I thought it was on chieftutor but in talking to him he is having a tough time remembering. .Unfortunately  the older I get the less I think I know,

I obviously remember about converting the house to a symbol part. but the rest is a bitt foggy..I know It was done mostly if not all in chief, no photo shop stuff. and a lot of sizing required.. If anyone out their has a better memory than I the help would be  greatly appreciated.. I just happen to have a new client that is kind of into this stuff more so than if I get the plan finished for permitting.

P.S. the symbol the house is sitting on is the actual layout for that house, and the footprint and dimensions match the symbol exactly. (or real close) 

lacy blueprint model close up.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hello All, Fairly new user here, about 3 months into using Chief. I'm attempting to create a scale model to be used in a plan, like you've created above.  I am spinning my wheels trying to locate a process. The links listed I am unable to access.  Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. 

There is an existing barn on clients property. I've quickly modeled the barn in a separate plan and would like to convert it to an object I could easily import and place, as a place holder, into the plans with proposed new build. 

5 minutes ago, NateExco1689 said:

Hello All, Fairly new user here, about 3 months into using Chief. I'm attempting to create a scale model to be used in a plan, like you've created above.  I am spinning my wheels trying to locate a process. The links listed I am unable to access.  Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. 

There is an existing barn on clients property. I've quickly modeled the barn in a separate plan and would like to convert it to an object I could easily import and place, as a place holder, into the plans with proposed new build. 

Usually better to start your own thread.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00344/modeling-a-subdivision-or-lot-with-multiple-structures.html

This article should help you.