PORCH NEEDS BOTH POST TO BEAM AND POST TO RAIL

DianeP

Thanks everyone for the fast response. Couple more questions if you don't mind.  Where is the setting that controls how high the post is above the rail?  I found a height for newels and post in the railing specification dialog, but it is grayed out so i can't change it. How do you add the full height post? Do you just make them and slide them on top of the existing posts? 

Diane,

If you start with a standard rail, you can adjust the newel post height. In my example, I started with the long railing as a standard rail and the two side rails as post to beam. I then broke the long railing at the first post and reversed the short railing section to make it different than the longer section. Changed the short section to post to beam. No newels added manually. you will need to add the beam manually.

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone.  Jon I think you got me on the right track.  I found that I should be using the  straight deck railing and it gives the option of changing post heights.  But why does the 2D look like this and how can I fix it?  Thanks!

railing 2D.GIF

I don't know.  That is the way the railing draws in 2D......  Ok, figured it out.  It is the way the Todays Traditional Template draws the railing in 2D.  I will open a different template and find one that I like and copy/paste it into the drawing.