Slow mouse

Arcadian

Hi All !

have an interesting hardware issue. My main desktop is in for repair so am using my SP4 as backup. Have connected my Samsung 4K monitor to my SP and all working well. Open Chief and display on monitor. Still good so far. When I open a plan file to work on the cursor has a lag behind the mouse movement when working over the plan file. Same on layout file. Yet, when I open Chief and plan or layout file on the SP.. no problem. All other programs opened on the monitor are fine and don't have this issue. Only Chief. 

My apologies for waffling on, but it's a bit frustrating. Any thoughts?

You can always communicate with Tech Support on such matters, they handle this sort of thing on a daily basis. If it happened to me, I would first suspect my mouse drivers and make sure they are fully up to date. See if that helps. There are several things one can do and check for but I would start there and see if that helps or betters your performance. BTW what is a "SP4"?

DJP

• Upvote 1

It's not clear from your post whether there is a lag between your cursor and cross hair or you are trying to describe some other behavior.

Have you tried playing with the Synchronize with Cursor toggle?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, StudConstruction said:

Hey All,

For me, my issue was resolved by:

Edit > Preferences > Edit > uncheck "Synchronize with Cursor"

Hope that helps others! and thanks to @glennw for the tip!

That one is an oldie but goodie, surprised it's still around after Chief has fixed it many time before

2 minutes ago, StudConstruction said:

Out of curiosity are there any downsides to unchecking this?

I used to have that unchecked when Chief had problems without any undesired effects. I'm using X10 now and have it checked without any problems, come to think about X9 it was also checked without problems. Check you mouse drivers to see they are up to date