Chief not working after Windows update 5/15/2017

Jason_M

Good morning,

I allowed windows 10 64 bit to do an update last night, and this morning Chief wont start up.  I tried to use the repair tool on the downloads page, and files were transferred, but still no action. I try to run as administrator, nothing.  It was working fine Friday.  Anyone else?  Any tips?

Win 10 Pro

version 1703

OS build 15063.296

Processor i7 2600K 3.7GHz

16.0 GB Ram

64 Bit 

Good call Lew,

problem solved.  When Windows updated my PC, it rolled my graphics drivers to a WHQL version, which stopped chief from working.  Chief Support had me DL the latest from Nvidia (the driver that prevented chief from running was only 20 days old) and it worked without a hitch.

thanks, 

Jason

It all depends on whether the drivers you have match with the ones that Windows has in it's log. If it matches then nothing will change, if it does not match then Windows will change it to it's latest known version. There can be a lag between a manufacturers new driver being released and it getting approved and into Windows, especially if you are using a Beta driver. 

Mine had a different issue that took at most 2 minutes to fix after nearly 4 hours installing tha Windows Creators Update.

Due to WannaCry ransomware had to run update assistant to get latest patches. It upgraded Windows 10 to 10.0.15063. No problem there.

ChiefArchitect would not open complaining about two DLLs: vcomp140.dll and msvcp140.dll claiming c:\windows\system32\vcomp140.dll image is invalid or corrupt.

This issue was related to update assistant upgraded these 64 bit DLLs with 32 bit versions.

To solve place 64bit versions into your 

C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X* (64 bit)\ folder.

BT