How to build a patio cover with a pitched roof and metal rafters

Gary_Swanson

I need to draw a patio cover just like this picture with steel rafters and purlins with wood on the underside of a metal roof.

I tried drawing it separate with just framing showing and moved it into the plan but then the walls show up. Then when I get rid of the walls all the

walls in the entire plan disappear. Anybody have any thoughts on how to do this?  

Porch awning.jpg

Thanks so much for responding.

I've attached the patio cover I created in a separate plan just to figure out how to do it. But when I move it into the existing house plan I'm working on I can't get it to look like this with out messing up the existing plan.

When looking at it in perspective framing view I can see all the steel just like I want. But when using perspective full overview the walls come back and I can't see the steel. I need to know how to create this the correct way so I can use it with the existing plan.

Metal frame.plan

I like that look Eric- a style of exterior attachment that is getting popular here in central Oregon.

Gary,

As Eric said you need to build the new cover in the main plan so that you can adjust the existing components to match the new cover.

That is the only way to get the full model to work right.