Compatibility issues, 9.5 to 9x

GLOBE-Res

that is correct - CA decided to leave out the ability to read older plans - not sure how old they allow now

you will need someone with Chief X8 or earlier to convert your plan(s)

if you have one or two plans I will do that for free

If you have many more than place a request in the "seeking services" section

If I do it I will not make any adjustments I will simply load in into X8 and save it as an X8 file

no  time to do more

Lew

Hell I have a few hundred plus the projects I was working on just this past week.

Ok so what if my other computer is a 64 bit computer that was running windows 7, if I'm not mistaken, that computer won't load the program because the program is built on a 32 bit os platform.  Is there a way to change the software to run on a 64 bit os?

this issue has nothing to do with 32 versus 64

to clean up their code CA left out the ability to read "antique" plans from ver 9.5 and earlier (.pl0,.pl1 etc)

Chief can now only read .plan files (ver 10 and later)

so if you can find a copy of ver 10 or later on EBAY it might be worth buying it

I would avoid X3 and its library system sucked and requires a subscription

which is no longer available

Lew

Please read my answers regarding bringing you older plans forward on your other post here:

Just to clarify, you can run a 32 bit application on a 64 bit OS.  You can't run a 64 bit application on a 32 bit OS.  This does not mean that you will have much luck trying to run V9.5 on a newer system though.  There are lots of other compatibility issues mostly with things like hardware lock and video card drivers.  If you do a search on this forum, you should be able to find some posts related to running older versions on Windows 7.  I know some people were somewhat successful at getting them to work but maybe not with any versions as old as V9.5.  Personally, I wouldn't even try.  If you are determined not to upgrade, then you would probably have more luck finding an older computer that is still running an older version of Windows on Ebay.