In need of a Realistic Redering of my project

MicahPaul

I have a set of plans that I have designed in Home Designer Architect.  I need a realistic rendering of these plans.  I believe this can be done by using a feature call Raytrace.  The feature is available on a much more expensive version of the software than what I have.  Would anyone with the Chief Architect software be willing to help me out.  Also how much would you charge for such a service? Thank you for your help.

MicahPaul

I would be happy to help you out. I do a lot of this type of thing (mostly for contractors using Chief) but occasionally for Home Designer users. Please email me with contact info and I will send you some samples and pricing.

xxx@eartharts24.com

put my first name in place of the xxx (this is to help stop spam)

Joe King

On 5/12/2017 at 0:19 PM, MicahPaul said:

I have a set of plans that I have designed in Home Designer Architect.  I need a realistic rendering of these plans.  I believe this can be done by using a feature call Raytrace.  The feature is available on a much more expensive version of the software than what I have.  Would anyone with the Chief Architect software be willing to help me out.  Also how much would you charge for such a service? Thank you for your help.

MicahPaul

I offer rendering services as well, shoot me a pm

Ghielmetti Dining.png

On 5/15/2017 at 1:52 PM, dshall said:

Nice render RENERABBITT,  i wonder if it would be even better if the "eye" was about 30" lower.....  in any case,  very nice.

How long did it take to render?

Thank you very much, I had the camera set to 6' tall but I think the focal point being wide angle makes it feel much taller, also had a heavy tilt down, I was trying to frame the carpet but I think you're right, made the scene feel a bit elongated.

this one took 17 hours primarily because of the wall paint being so many layers.

8 hours ago, yusuf-333 said:

Here is a RT took 15 minutes. I am not an expert in this department, but I think Graham can produce that look in CA.

rt ca 2-1.jpg

Nothing like putting on the pressure. Here is an example, not quite as refined but you can see the potential. This took 30 minutes to Ray trace and then about 5 minutes in a photo editor to fine tune the exposure, shadows & highlights and a bit of sharpening. I believe one of the major differences between Ray Trace and many of the other specialized rendering programs is that Ray Trace lacks in built-in photo adjustment/enhancement algorithms and as such this must be done separately. It's more like a Ray Trace is the equivalent of shooting RAW format with a digital camera.

592aa26fa27b7_Final2g_lzn.thumb.jpg.a07206469295028741039c26ded08c75.jpg

9 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Nothing like putting on the pressure. Here is an example, not quite as refined but you can see the potential. This took 30 minutes to Ray trace and then about 5 minutes in a photo editor to fine tune the exposure, shadows & highlights and a bit of sharpening. I believe one of the major differences between Ray Trace and many of the other specialized rendering programs is that Ray Trace lacks in built-in photo adjustment/enhancement algorithms and as such this must be done separately. It's more like a Ray Trace is the equivalent of shooting RAW format with a digital camera.

I think that is a great job in chief - one of the better I've seen.  However, I still think the lighting on the other render is more realistic how it floods the space.  I've just never seen something done in Chief that I thought could be a real picture.  

Here re are some Vray renders to compare.

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

Johhny those look great, but here is what I have got in 16 min using only chief. I am not saying chief is better and of course it can't be because those engines are primarily geared towards producing high quality realistic images. 

But I am curious to know defects of this particular image.

when I look at floor and glass materials they seem to me what they should look like in real world, but I could be wrong.

rt ca 6-1.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, johnny said:

I think that is a great job in chief - one of the better I've seen.  However, I still think the lighting on the other render is more realistic how it floods the space.  I've just never seen something done in Chief that I thought could be a real picture.  

Here re are some Vray renders to compare.

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

Those a great renderings but it should be understood that those are not just a product of Vray. They have been extensively post processed in Photoshop and other image editors to obtain that look. They have also been produced by highly specialized/skilled graphics professionals. Your looking at the best of the best. it would be interesting to know how much time went into creating that, not only rendering time but the time it took to model such a complex scene.

31 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

......... it would be interesting to know how much time went into creating that, not only rendering time but the time it took to model such a complex scene.

That is the question.....  

20 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Those a great renderings but it should be understood that those are not just a product of Vray. They have been extensively post processed in Photoshop and other image editors to obtain that look. They have also been produced by highly specialized/skilled graphics professionals. Your looking at the best of the best. it would be interesting to know how much time went into creating that, not only rendering time but the time it took to model such a complex scene.

I dont think it took the post rendering work you may think.  Sure, its been that way in the past, and people still make adjustments after a render but I dont think its what seperates Chief's render engine and Vrays.

Here is a video showing a model/render and you can see the render portion took a fraction of the overall time (towards end of video).  The results he got were well beyond what Chief could do.  Note: 52:51 in the video starts render.

On 5/28/2017 at 3:21 AM, TheKitchenAbode said:

I setup a similar scene to show some difference in quality from Thea to Chief, Note I missed a few details(including forgetting to change the cabinet texture to something with better settings)

Overall time in Thea was 20 minutes to setup lights and materials

18 min render

I could've gone into more detail with materials and render settings to get a more realistic shot, which would've taken a few more hours of setup and 5-10 hours of render time, but for the comparison I thought this would suffice

mockup.png

592aa26f9c4c7_Final2g_lzn.jpg.25a0c4f6b49f23ffb070bd64dd0a9520.jpg

42 minutes ago, LeilaLaskujarvi said:

Which one is which of the 2 stacked photos? Is the top one Thea and the bottom one Chief or the other way around? And the very top one is Raytrace?

of the two, the top one is THEA, and the bottom is the rendering that HUMBLE CHIEF posted using Chiefs built in Ray Trace

Made some lighting adjustments to improve the effect of light coming in from the exterior. This is a Ray Trace from CA with some minor adjustments for saturation and sharpness. All lighting is done with spot lights. The sun was turned off as well as the environmental lighting and spot lights were used to create the exterior lighting effect.

593969301b92f_Untitled39_1080_lzn.thumb.jpg.5869723439f082fd00fa33bf22a432ad.jpg

On 5/29/2017 at 3:21 AM, johnny said:

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

Great Vray renders, always good to see two-point perspectives. (observable with the straight vertical lines)

We used to have the 2-point until version 8 came. The solution is to hit the letter P as soon as you made the view.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2017 at 10:52 AM, dshall said:

Nice render RENERABBITT,  i wonder if it would be even better if the "eye" was about 30" lower.....  in any case,  very nice.

How long did it take to render?

I have to agree. 

From the point of real estate photography, it is more pleasing to the eye if the walls are vertical which requires that the camera be level (not looking up or down) so sometimes you need to raise or lower the eye ht to get the look.  Give it a try and see what you think.

I have learned more about how to compose a 3d rendering from photographers then render pros.   You can watch the whole 10 minute video and see before and afters of great real estate photos but there is a mention of the distortion at 4:02 in the video. (this can be adjusted to a point before you render or just use Photoshop to correct the final image.

On 5/13/2017 at 0:49 AM, MicahPaul said:

MicahPaul

Hi Micah, I would love to send you over our works. Please see attached for my brochure. I charge on the hour @ $25 per hour or a lumpsum depending on the size. 

Final Chief Architect.pdf