REVISIONS: CLOUDS, DELTA AND NUMBER...

Summers

I'm responding to my first set of plan check comments using Chief.  How do I mark revisions?

The "Revision Cloud" is easy to use, but is there an automatic way to mark the cloud with a "delta" and a number inside the delta, or do I need to create the delta and number, save it as a Library detail, then place it manually on each cloud?

Thanks,

LS

Happily, Chief DOES provide this function -- somewhat. You can add a triangular callout marker in Layout and insert a %revision.label% macro, and the revision number will appear from the Page Revisions table. (go to "Edit Page Information" to get to this.) You do have to add the callout manually, but it's not bad, since you can copy it.

4 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

Happily, Chief DOES provide this function. You can add a triangular callout marker in Layout and insert a %revision.label% macro, and the revision number will appear from the Page Revisions table. (go to "Edit Page Information" to get to this.) You do have to add the callout manually, but it's not bad, since you can copy it.

I was trying to follow your instruction and am almost there.  How though do you differentiated the numbering for different revisions?  When I place a 2nd, 3rd, etc, etc revision note all the callouts change to that number.

rev.png

Thanks, Richard.  Like you, I generally want to see only the latest revisions, however, I usually don't have more than one Rev (even in the Bay Area).  When you make revisions to larger-scale details do you prefer to add the cloud and delta inside the detail, or on the page?  This raises the issue of annotation sizing, which I've struggled with in Chief.

Regards,

LS

In general, I usually like to see the revision clouds and deltas only on the layout page, because it's easier to manage layers. You only have the one layer on the layout page, vs. needing to pay attention to layers if you have them in the plan, say, multiple clouds on a framing plan and electrical plan and floor plan. You also have consistent sizing this way. (Uncheck automatic sizing, of course, for the callouts.)