Plans for modern in New York State

robertnewyork

I am a designer with limited expertise on Chief over 20 years.  I am designing for myself a modern 2200 sq ft. 2 story, in a FEMA waterfront AE zone, house will be on stilts, 7 feet above grade. I will give the general footprint, you will put the general plan together with ceiling heights i give you.  I will then put the walls, windows, cabinets, fixtures, stairs in.  You will proof work and add any exterior/interior elements too difficult for me to add. 

Please respond with your experience, credentials and fee.

Thank you. 

Robert

I'm not saying there aren't designers out there capable of designing a modern house, but id suggest seeing if an architect would work with you on the concepts and then use a draftsman model it up for you in CA.  Unlike traditional designs which can semi-mask bad design (sometimes) with the standard overlay of gingerbread detail and cladding, modern homes contain design principles to make less mean more - and there is no hiding bad design.

Most see modern as looking so simple, but its massively complex and attention to small details and scaling more important than any other design style.

• Upvote 1