Can't get interior dimensions to work

mjocol

I'm trying to add Interior Dimensions to my floorplan to help in placement of items (ie. staircase).  Tried the manual dimension function but when I click on it and draw the line it's not giving me a dimension.  Followed directions in the user manual and still no luck.  It was working at one point but not now.   When it did work it was showing the dimension from the interior point to the edge of outside wall.  I want it to show the dimension it from the interior point to the interior edge of the outside wall.
Any suggestions?

Is the point an actual placed point - or just a point of reference?

Interior dimensions need something to dimension - so the objects have to be in existence.  You could try to draw a temp line and dimension to the line instead of the "point".  If you are trying to use a specific Chief point, then try the point-to-point dimension tool.  You may have better luck, and I personally use that tool more than most other dimension types for the condition you describe.

When I am having a difficulty getting a specific dimension point exactly where I want it, I use a CAD line to the dimension string end and then align the symbol or object to that defined point. I also sometimes use the dimension tool that creates its own dimension points for similar reasons. The point is that you have a job to do and it is your responsibility to get it done using the tools you have. Chief's tools are tools not "Helpers" you master your tools to get your work done always. The tool helps you but it does not DO the job for you.

DJP