PSL Timber Material File Needed

Chopsaw

Does anyone have a high res image or material file for PSL ( Parallel Strand Lumber ) that they would be willing to share or provide a link for?

I have found several images I could use for end grain but will only have a few of those exposed.  No luck searching for a flat image of the side.  I would prefer a sanded, filled, stained, and sealed version but based on my searches today would settle for anything that looks good.

My next project features exposed PSL Timber frame.

Thanks In Advance.

you try the Weyerhaeuser site, may have to crop out of one of the shots they have? If I was going to Rona tomorrow, I'd snap you a couple pics, they have a display with all the different engineered offerings.

Thanks Jerry I do have a call into Weyerhaeuser, so if they come through with something good I can maybe share it here but so far lots of stuff like this that would be pretty difficult to make a material file with unless it was 3D and I could turn it.

Eastern-Parallam-Studio.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I've been trying to get Chief to add a "PSL" to the beam labels forever. Others too like "LVL", GLB. I guess I have no pull with them like Scott does.

Don't give up Perry, If we all work together it will happen.  I got a note back from my tech inquire today.

" Thank you for contacting Technical Support, I checked with content and they currently are working on adding Parallel Strand Lumber to the core catalog, and one of these days you will  see this new material in the Library Browser. "

I have also been pushing for the ability to assign default materials for each type of framing member.  No response on that yet though.

15 hours ago, rlackore said:

Here are two options in a library:

Thanks Robert, Those will work fine for now and for structure details until I can find a finished version.

Found an image of a stair tread made from PSL. Copied it several times and did a quick blend -- I'm not up on graphics software.

The stained one was done in Chief using one of the stains in the library.